Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Happy Day at Work...Seriously!

Could have been that I'm goofy from being a little sleep-deprived this week (stress will do that to a girl), could have been that I love my job...but I'm pretty sure I was extra happy today at work because it was my LAST DAY BEFORE MY MATERNITY LEAVE!!! Ya-hoooooo! (Note to my Manager: Don't worry, Lois, I love my job and I WILL be back at the end of January!) In between taking care of patients today, I spent the day opening MORE gifts and hugging just about everybody! Everyone made me promise to bring Carson in as soon as possible...poor guy, they're gonna squeeze his cheeks so much, his poor little face is gonna be sore!!

Yesterday, Carson got a package in the mail!! It was from The Shepherd's Crook Ministries, a wonderful charitable organization that assists people who are adopting special needs children. In the package was the most ADORABLE little lamb stuffed animal. On the tag, it read: "Welcome Home Special One..." and quoted Ezekiel 34:13 "I will bring them out from the nations and...into their own land." Isn't that the sweetest gift???

Thirty-four more hours 'til we board the plane. I should probably get off the computer and PACK THOSE SUITCASES!!!

2 comments:

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Best of luck on your trip Teresa. I will be following along as you meet your little man.
Heather
CCAI LID Yahoo Group

Julie Paschal said...

Hi Teresa -

It's Julie Paschal (your neighbor behind you!) I can't remember how I got this website, (maybe the shower I went to), but I check it every once in awhile to see how everything is going. I just wanted to send you our well wishes for your trip tomorrow - we are so excited for you! If there is anything we can do to help while you are gone, let us know. We will be excited to meet our new little neighbor Carson. He is definitely moving to right neighborhood where he will be surrounded by tons of little kids! He will have to come over and play on our trampoline with Lauren and Taylor. Take care and tell Meggie and Kevin we are thinking of them too!
Julie Paschal
juliedpaschal@hotmail.com