Thursday, May 22, 2008

Maybe Soccer Isn't Carson's Sport After All...

...maybe we ought to sign him up for boxing! The little thug has been hitting EVERYBODY lately!! He really doesn't seem to be trying to hurt anybody...doesn't even seem angry when he does it...he just keeps on swinging. Tuesday at soccer he was spotted smacking a little girl in the head (claimed to just be playing with her hair -- yeah, right!) and then, as we were leaving soccer, he smacked a BABY as he walked past it! A BABY!!!! This is getting humiliating!

Today, the little thug hit me...TWICE!! The first time, we were in public and he threw a Beanie baby stuffed animal in my face. The second time, he smacked me with a hanger as I innocently walked past him in the hallway. What is UP with this kid??!! My first reaction is to spank him...but I think that teaching him NOT to hit by hitting HIM is sorta sending mixed messages. Ugghhhhh. (Is this another "boys will be boys" moment in my life?!?!)

On a completely different topic, weaning Carson from his naps is getting harder and harder. He keeps falling asleep EVERYWHERE, including in the car on short drives (which he never used to do) and even here...
...while he was in time-out! He was being really mean to me this afternoon...yelling at me when I asked him simple questions...and I sent him to the bottom step for a time-out. When I checked on him minutes later I found him sound asleep, left hand still holding onto the railing. Isn't that a hoot??!

One more peek at my sleeping angel/devil...
...and this post is complete!

3 comments:

epin said...

He is so incredibly cute sleeping while in time-out! When we moved Hana from 2 naps to one, she was so mean to us. She was almost irrationally mean . . . raking our arms with her nails, hitting us, you name it. After she adjusted, she returned back to her normal self. So maybe this is due Carson's tired state. Just a guess, though. Preschoolers are a hard bunch to figure out! :-)

Donna said...

Sleeping in time-out! What a riot. Maybe the nap-weaning is making him a bit cranky and resulting in uncontrollable swings of the arm. Hmmm??

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

Yuck, Max went thru a hitting thing, but it was only aimed at ME! He has finally gotten over it. I think his was an adjustment/Testing thing, but I agree with the other comments, that is is most likely a lack of sleep thing. Good luck!! Miss you guys!

Hugs
Chelsie and Max