Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oops...Forgot an Important Anniversary!!

Many people make a tradition of taking their adopted child's picture every year on the anniversary of their referral. Well, that anniversary for us was this past Saturday...and I completely missed it!! So, in honor of tradition...

May 17, 2007 -- one year and three days ago -- we accepted the referral for a serious, chubby little guy wearing a purple t-shirt. Meggie and I had watched his picture sit on our agency's Waiting Child page for weeks, never thinking seriously of asking about him...after all, we were waiting for a girl! But as I showed everyone at work his picture on the computer, Sherry (one of my co-workers) convinced me that I was already in love with the little guy, maybe I ought to inquire about him. So inquire I did...and that's how this little guy became our son.

I know it's posted elsewhere on the blog, but a reminder of the first picture we saw of Lu Qiu Feng...now Carson David QiuFeng...
...and a picture taken May 16, 2008, with his beautiful big sister...one short year after we told our adoption agency, "Yes, he is our son!"How wrong we were, thinking Carson was a "serious" little guy. He is anything BUT serious. He's silly, funny, mischievous, smart, sweet, clever...I could go on and on. Needless to say, this has been a wild year!

We are so grateful to our family and friends (including my online friends!) for their support this past year, to the People's Republic of China for allowing us to add this sweet boy to our family, to CCAI (the BEST adoption agency in the world!!)...and to Sherry, who gave me the push I needed to get the wheels in motion!

Sherry, I owe you one!!

5 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

Okay...so my first comment didn't "take"! I'll try again...

It has been such a pleasure watching this little guy "blossom" in front of my eyes! He has come a long way from the mugshot, mom!!

Happy belated anniversary!! :)

Erin

Unknown said...

Oh, do I remember watching his picture too. And how thrilled I was when I heard he had a family. You're right, Teresa, when you allude to how we have an idea of who these little ones are before we bring them home. They seem to blossom before our very eyes.

Thank you for the reminder of who he "was" and who he IS now! He smiles because of the love of His family.

Blessings to you, Teresa for your continued encouragement to me...I don't post often, but I read faithfully and feel like I know y'all.

Happy one year anniversary on your referral! (I wasn't aware of that tradition, so we missed it too...oops!)

Love, Tammy (EX's mom)

epin said...

Happy anniversary! I still remember when you first told our group about Carson. Hard to believe that a year has already passed. Time flies!

Donna said...

So, I just did some catching up! Happy 1 year Carson! I can't believe it's already been a year, we just celebrated 3 months since gotcha :) Love the dance pictures, Meggie is undoubtedly the prettiest girl in that group. :) And, gracious, you should have asked ME, I would have told you it's SO true about boys! They're a different species and, let me tell you, it doesn't get any better as they get older. Well, we're only up to age 9, but we're still waiting for the brain cells to kick in. hee hee...

art said...

It is amazing to see the difference between Carson this year and last. His eyes seem to "sparkle" now...I believe it is because he is truly where he belongs.

Adreanna & Addison