Missed a Great Party...
Yesterday (which happened to be my birthday -- Happy Birthday to me!) was my work Christmas party. It was a family-friendly event at our local Aquarium...and we missed it! I ended up getting a terrible migraine headache right after Church and spent the afternoon in bed. I was hoping to post some fun photos from that event, but obviously that won't be happening. (And, no, that is not a picture of my birthday cake...I didn't actually GET a birthday cake...hint, hint to my family!)
Carson had to go to the pediatrician today for more blood draws and five -- count 'em, five -- immunization boosters! Poor guy!! He fought hard, but of course the three -- count 'em, three -- people needed to hold him down won out. He was so sweet, though...when we were done, he stopped every nurse and assistant we passed on the way out to say "Bye Bye!" The nurse felt so bad, she gave him six or seven stickers -- Tigger and, of course, Spiderman/Ultraman.
After Carson's pediatrician appointment, we then went and had lunch with Aunt Debbie for my birthday. Since Carson had such a bad morning, we chose a Chinese buffet. He LOVED the food and really made a pig of himself! When one of the waitresses (who was Chinese) came over to the table and asked about him -- Is he Asian? Where is he from? Did you get to go to Hefei? -- he got SO shy. He kept putting his head down on his arm and he grabbed my hand to hold it. She laughed and kept saying, "I'm not scary!" I wonder if he fears a Chinese person might possibly take him back to China?! He was much happier when she went away from the table.
Carson has a busy week ahead of him, so we'll have much more to post as the week progresses. Until then, here are a few more pics of the kids from our Christmas card photo shoot......'bye for now!
P.S. Kevin came home from work with a chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing for me. He sheepishly admitted he read the blog...
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That stinks! I was thinking you were having such good fun during our choir practice. I missed you anyway, but was hoping you were having a fun time not a migraine.
Kevin read the blog!! LOL!! That is too funny!! Well, you got your cake, missy!!!
Our Lauryn also was a bit "afraid" of Asian people! She would cling to me for dear life when we went to a Chinese restaurant! She's long past that now...and LOVES all of the "extra" attention she gets when we go there! Mmmmmm...Chinese sounds good! You made me hungry!
Erin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Can't wait to get our boys back together! Are you going to the FCC Christmas party on Sunday (from 2-5)?
Chelsie
I love the pictures of the kids! Meggie and Carson are so cute together. Izzy had the 4 boosters and now we must do the blood draw. I hope she doesn't bite anyone. Kevin deserves a gold star for reading the blog and acting on it. When you guys get cold enough up there let me know. it is 80 tyoday and sunny.
Miss you! Trish
Post a Comment