An Unexpected Gift...
Before leaving for China, I gathered info from families still waiting to travel to Hefei to get their children...then we proceeded to find 10 of those 11 children on orphanage visit day and send photos back to the families. All of the families were quite appreciative (much as I was to the people who did the same for us prior to our trip)...but one Mom, Laura, kept insisting she wanted to send Carson a gift. I kept insisting that she didn't need to, she kept insisting she REALLY wanted to. So, I gave her Kevin's work address and forgot about it.
Thursday, Kevin told me a box had arrived to him at work from someone he didn't know. We figured out together it must be Laura's gift. Unfortunately, my Mom ended up in the hospital Thursday evening (she's fine now, thank God!) and, since I was with her, we didn't get to open the box until last night.
Last night, before heading back to the hospital to see Mom, Kevin and Carson opened the box. Inside was a typed letter from Laura:
Dear Carson,
Here is an Ultraman for you to sleep with. Hopefully you don't already have one, but if you do, a fella can never have too many Ultramen.
Thank your Mom and Dad for me for taking pictures of my Tess, still residing in the Hefei CWI. Let them know we really appreciate their kindness.
Hugs!
Laura
PS: Happy Holidays!
Inside the box was the greatest gift an Ultraman fan could ask for......a gigantic stuffed Spiderman (aka Ultraman to Carson's untrained eye)!!! He FREAKED OUT with joy when he saw this thing!! We took a full-body photo to show just how big this thing is...
Yikes!! I had to leave right after we took these pics to get to the hospital (Mom was having a procedure and I wanted to be there), so I didn't get to see his enjoyment...Kevin assures me he wrestled and tackled that thing ALL NIGHT LONG!!
While I still insist Laura did not need to do this for us -- getting the pictures for the waiting families was one of the highlights of my China trip -- it was such a wonderfully sweet gesture!
Thanks, Laura, you made my Little Man's week for sure!!!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That was really super sweet! I'm sure it made Carson's day!!
Erin
Post a Comment