Friday, October 26, 2007

Off We Go!!!

I endured my last Research class (REALLY hard to concentrate!), the bags are all packed and weighed, the carry-ons are stocked with food and fun...I do believe we are ready to go!! We're all staying awake since we leave at 3:30 a.m. and we're afraid we'll oversleep...so Meggie's watching TV in the family room, Kevin's watching TV in our bedroom, and I'm on the computer. Change that...Meggie just came into the office and told me she's going to go sleep until 2:00 and then get her shower.

I have been surprisingly calm all day...almost got a little teary-eyed this afternoon just thinking about Carson, but otherwise A-OK. But at 8:30 tonight, when the instructor started to wind class to an end (letting us out early 'cause she knew I was DYING inside being stuck in the classroom -- thanks, Lynn!!), my stomach became one giant knot! It's REALLY HAPPENING!! This journey, started two years ago, is finally coming to its wonderful end...with Carson as part of our family! AMAZING!!!

So here is my final post from the good 'ole U.S.A. In a few hours, while most of you are sleeping soundly, we'll be boarding our flight to head to Newark. Then, a little after noon, we'll be boarding the flight to Beijing! We truly appreciate everyone's excitement in sharing this journey with us and definitely need your prayers while we're over there...for safe travels, good health, and smooth transitions. Sunday night before you fall asleep, please say an extra prayer for Carson...it will be Monday morning in Hefei and we'll be getting our Little Man!

Off we go!!

7 comments:

Ohilda said...

Teresa,

Have a wonderful trip. Amazing, indeed! It is the journey of a lifetime and the treasure you will bring home is priceless.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip. Try to soak it all in, the memories will last a lifetime...even certain smells!!

bugs parents said...

Teresa,
I'm so glad the day is finally here! What a cute little guy you are going to meet! Make sure to eat at the noodle shop on the second floor of the Holiday Inn - it's great! Have a great trip - we'll be praying for you and Carson.
Pam

jamie d said...

bifl- i'm so happy for you!! i didn't even get to say good bye to you!! so sorry i missed you on wednesday!!! this is so exciting and i can't wait to hear all of your updates. we'll miss you at work but can't wait for a visit or two!! good luck with everything. love jamie

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

Remember to breath. Remember to really take the time to ENJOY the trip, and Remember that this is a big change for everyone envolved. I hope the transition is smooth, and Carson realizes right away what a wonderful family he is coming into! I can't wait to see the pictures of him in your arms. HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS for all of you!

Chelsie, Alan, and Max

PS- I agree with Pam, get over to the Holiday Inn and eat at the noodle shop (the Wonton noodle bowl, was my fav)

epin said...

Have a wonderful trip. I wish you, Carson, and the rest of your family all the best during this incredible journey.

The Shoemakers said...

Wow, Teresa! I feel like we've been emailing back and forth about Carson forever - and now you're all on a plane to China. I can't wait to hear all about this amazing time in your lives. Love and cherish every moment, no matter how surreal it feels! I'll be blog stalking this weekend for sure. :)
Sara