Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting My "Ducks in a Row"...

While I tried not to worry...I REALLY tried not to worry...it was starting to get to me that I had not yet found a daycare arrangement for Carson. I know I'll be on maternity leave until the end of January, but I just wanted to know I had my "ducks in a row," as they say. I had checked out a couple of private in-home babysitters, but really worry about the flexibility that I need with my schedule not matching what they can offer...I don't blame 'em, they have families they need to tend to and that's why they work at home to begin with! Being a nurse, I can't always leave when my scheduled day ends...patients can't be left unattended. So I really felt like a preschool/daycare center was going to be the best fit, both for Carson's social and educational needs and for the flexible schedule that a daycare center offers.

I had previously posted about a Christian preschool in our neighborhood that I LOVED....we went to their Open House in the summer and were really impressed. However, they also had no openings. (Not really shocking considering how impressive they were and their awesome location.) I got an e-mail today from the director of the preschool (completely out of the blue) stating that a family was moving and there was an opening in the Pre4 class, did we want it? Did we want it?? I not only e-mailed her immediately, I gave her about an hour and then called her! The weight that lifted from my heart at the moment when I confirmed with the director that Carson was in...I'm fairly certain I could have floated right off my chair! They are also willing to let me bring Carson in once a week for a few weeks before I go back to work to slowly get him used to the environment and start adjusting to yet another change.

Yet another reminder that God will handle everything in HIS perfect time...I just need to stop getting in the way of His progress!

No comments: