Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Vacation Fun Continues!

Yesterday it rained...and rained...and rained. Uggghhhhh! Thankfully, Carson has a great imagination and decided his Diego "shubble" and bucket could serve a secondary purpose when the beach is off limits...
...as he became a soldier and "shot" everyone and everything in sight! What a goof!

For lunch yesterday, we headed to Fudpucker's, a local spot that has become a tradition every time we head to the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area. Fudpucker's is fun for many reasons:

1. It has a funny name.
2. You can write on the walls in the restaurant...Meggie and her friend Jacqueline left their mark.
3. They have an alligator pond out in front and you can feed the alligators.
4. They have a gift shop where we ALWAYS buy t-shirts.

Unfortunately, since it was raining while we were there, the alligators were hiding. We did, however, get our t-shirts. Take a peek:
Thanks to Jacqueline for taking that pic when we returned to the condo!

The weather eventually cleared up last night and Daddy, Carson, and I spent a few hours floating in the Lazy River. Carson is somewhat of a celebrity with the dance team -- everyone knows his name -- and he had a ball goofing around with a bunch of the teenagers while we swam!

This morning, it is BEAUTIFUL outside! Daddy inflated Carson's new inner tube and he wouldn't take it off!

Carson, it's time to brush your teeth...
...stop watching Wonder Pets, you NEED to brush your teeth...
...Carson, BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!!
After brushing his teeth...finally...he wanted his picture out on the balcony -- with his inner tube, of course!
So, while Mommy stays in the air conditioned condo doing laundry and writing papers for school (I don't do well with sun or heat), Meggie is off to the beach with her friends and the boys are headed to the pool.

One more pic of the cool dudes...
...and I need to get busy writing papers. Thank goodness I only have three more weeks of school!!

6 comments:

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

I'm glad you only have three more weeks left of school, then we can get these boys together for a pool party! Looks like a fun vacation spot! Have a great vacation!

Chelsie and Max

Donna said...

As always, great commentary and great pics. Glad the weather is starting to cooperate for you!! Love the funky t-shirts...it's fun to have those family things that you just ALWAYS do...memories are bein' made :) My husband used to sometimes travel to Destin, he said it's a beautiful spot. We're just a few hours east of you, come on by!

Trish said...

I am so glad you guys are in FL!! Whooo Hooo! Just a few more days till we get to see you.

Meggie, Good Luck on the dance competition!

Trish, Buck, Austin, and Isabella

Kristin said...

Theresa,
I am going to email you because I'd like to know where you are staying. We're not far from the Destin area. I love the look of your condo, the lazy river, the beach nearby, etc. We've not been to that area--closest has been Gulf Shores. Otherwise, we stick to the Atlantic coast. But I'm thinking toward next summer......

Hope the rest of the week goes super!
Kristin in GA
CCAI WC mom

art said...

We used to live in Ft. Walton. Too bad we aren't there now! Hope you continue to enjoy your trip.

Adreanna & Addison

Redmom2005 said...

Looks like you're having a great time!! Hope the weather clears up for you! Love the t-shirts!!