Do You Think Vacation Wigged This Boy Out??
Ever since coming home from Florida, Carson has been bouncing off the flipping walls!!! He keeps asking, "We going back to China?" I guess being in two hotels and a condo during our 10 day vacation was too reminiscent of our 13 days in China. No, dear, sweet, silly boy, we are NOT going back to China! We went on vacation and now we're back to our normal, boring life. So get used to it!!
I caught a "bug" on vacation that finally sent me to the doctor on Wednesday. Turns out I had symptoms that showed I either had (a) strep throat, (b) mono, or (c) strep throat AND mono! Yikes!! The doctor started me on antibiotics and said, if I improve with them, then it's strep throat. I'm very happy to report that I feel remarkably better tonight...yeah, it's only strep throat!! Whew!
Since I was still feeling yucky all day today, Meggie (also known as The Best Big Sister in the World) took care of Carson for me so I could rest. Since he got to swim every day on vacation, he keeps begging for the pool. Meggie wasn't really in the mood for the pool today, so she hooked up Carson's new Backyardigans hopscotch sprinkler.
Here, we have Carson "testing the water," so to speak...Wait, how DOES this thing work??
Uh, Mommy, I REALLY don't like this...
Yikes, that water is COLD!!
I give up! I'm just gonna run away from it!!
Meggie tried to coax him into the water -- even getting herself soaked in the process -- but he wasn't falling for it. We should have known. He HATES taking showers -- literally freaks out when the water hits him -- so why would he enjoy a sprinkler?? Good thing that hopscotch sprinkler wasn't that expensive!
Thanks, Megster...you gave me a much-needed break. Now do you think you could calm this wild kid back down?? I've run out of ideas...
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better finally! I enjoyed reading your blog during your vacation! I can't wait until we can take our kiddos on a much-needed vacation (after the adoption, of course)! I just wanted to say thank you for being the BEST cyber-friend ever! I just love ya, Theresa!! And, I hope our families can meet some day! WISCONSIN DELLS!! :)
My girls love being at hotels and not at home. They think it's great fun! Don't have any idea why. Geesh.
Kudos to Meggie for keeping Carson busy when you were down and out. I am ever so thankful to have the big kids on days like that. Or days I just want to run an errand that would take me 10 minutes going alone or 45 going with the girls.
So glad you are feeling better!
I hope your doing better and I am so glad you have your daughter to help out when you are sick-Big sisters are great-just today My oldest took the youngest to the potty just to help out didn't even ask me and he went and she was so proud of him and I was so proud of them both-helping each other like that when Mom was so busy!-keep getting better
Post a Comment