Carson's Pretend Graduation...and Other Fun!
OK, I have to admit...this cap-and-gown picture of Carson is pretty stinkin' cute. However, I was shocked to receive this picture since I didn't order it and Carson didn't even attend the Pre-4 graduation last week! Since he is staying in the Pre-4 room to start next year, I figured the graduation concept would just be lost on him...and my schedule is too busy to attend pretend graduations anyway! However, when the other kids had their "graduation" pictures taken, Carson was the only one not taking part. So, Miss Tracy dressed him up and put him in line for his turn. We even got a tote bag with this picture on the front! Won't it be fun to compare this picture to his high school graduation picture in 14 years?!
Besides pretending to graduate from preschool, life has been pretty routine for the Little Man. On Sunday, we had beautiful weather so Daddy and Carson decided to wash both of our vehicles. A few pics of the fun:I think Carson's favorite parts of this adventure were the water fight he had (and lost) with Meggie and the fact that he got to be outside without his AFOs on! Did you notice those sexy legs of his?! Sadly, today it rained buckets, so all their work was for naught. But thanks anway, boys!!
Today, Carson had PT and I FINALLY had a...ahem...discussion with Courtney, his therapist. Actually she confronted me since I had returned an e-mail from the rehab doctor who oversees Carson's therapy and told her that Courtney treats me as if I am "noncompliant and unmotivated" since I turned down that goofy Theratog suit...and I copied the e-mail to Courtney.
She was all innocence and hurt feelings with me today. Give me a break! I told her point blank that she needs to respect my choices for Carson and that, while I understand it is her job to advocate for therapies, it is my job to be sure they fit into our life! She said all the right things, but reality is she's still a pain and I'll probably never be a big fan of hers. She is, however, conveniently located and actually quite good at her job...she just needs to get some people skills!
Even after that discussion, she brought up that stupid Theratog suit again today! Geez, Courtney, give it a REST!! She then brought out two rolls of tape and said she had something to show me. She proceeded to roll the tape up Carson's legs (from ankles to just above the knees) in a fashion that does exactly what the Theratog does...yet it costs only $19 per roll!! Take a peek:The white tape is called Hypafix and is an underwrap to protect his skin from the brown tape, which is called rigid tape. These layers of tape go around his legs three times in total (about an inch or so apart -- mid shin, below the knee, and above the knee) and actually work quite well in pulling his legs straighter! Since it only covers his legs (and not his torso and pelvic area like the Theratog suit), it won't hinder his function or make him sweat like a hog! OK, Courtney, THIS I can work with!! Carson was a bit bugged by it...he kept saying at the end of PT, "I not wear this HOME!"...but he has actually been quite compliant with it. The tape lasts about a week and can be worn in the bath, so the rolls will last forever! I saw an immediate difference with this tape. He still walks pigeon-toed, but when he's standing still his feet are straight now! We'll see...but this does look promising!
That's about all for now. If Carson decides to have a pretend wedding or perhaps a pretend job interview, I'll be sure to post pics!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
that is so cute!
oh I am a friend of trish's-izzy mom! I think you guys went to China togehter? anyway we adopted a 7 year old girl and are hoping to go back soon for a little boy! but we are only at the 2 1/2 month home mark!
OMG! That graduation picture is about the cutest thing I've EVER seen!! How precious!!
:)
Erin
Good for you, for standing up for what will and won't work in your home...I hope I have the same courage if something like that comes up with us. Actually, Lainey's speech therapist has an "air" about her, like I'm just the mom. Ugh... Love the tape, glad it's working!
Oh...forgot to say, the graduation picture is TOO cute!!
Post a Comment