My First Mother's Day Card from My Son...and Other Random Thoughts...
I expected Carson would make some sort of Mother's Day artwork for me at preschool. I was not prepared for the quality of card I got! Take a peek...
...and how appropriate that it is a ladybug card?! For those not in the China adoption community, the ladybug is considered a sign of good luck for us -- sort of our adopted mascot, you could say. The poem on the back says:
"Mommy, I love you
For all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you
'Cause you love me, too.
You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile 'cause I love you
On this Mother's Day."
Isn't that just so appropriate and cute??!! The card is laminated, so while it is a definite keeper, it will also definitely keep! Yeah!!
On a completely different note, there are many who post comments on this blog that Meggie never takes a bad picture (which is absolutely, sickeningly true!). Well, just for fun, I took her to Glamour Shots for a photo shoot. Wow...when you combine a photogenic girl with awesome makeup, hair, and lighting...well, you get these:
The first picture was taken in her dance team jacket. (And by the way, congrats Meggie -- audition results were posted for next year's team and she made the Senior Team, the Senior Lyrical Team, and also the newly created Senior All Star Jazz and Hip Hop Team!! Way to go, Megster!)
The second picture was taken as she laid on the floor on top of a huge mirror. Is that not a GORGEOUS picture of my beautiful daughter??!! Remember how her kindergarten picture reminded me that Meggie was no longer a baby? Well, this picture gave me a sharp kick that my little girl is turning into a beautiful young woman. Yikes.
Speaking of the beautiful young woman that my daughter is becoming, her beauty is inside and out. She is a typical teenager with an annoying little brother -- she picks on him, aggravates him, secretly spoils him, and does her best to tolerate him. Thursday when I got home from school, she told me she had posted about Carson on her MySpace. If you are a tender-hearted person (watch out, Gina), be prepared to get misty-eyed. This is reprinted here with Meggie's permission...and all the misspellings are hers, by the way!
"Who I'd Like To Meet...""someone as cool as this kid, (; this is my little brother Carson, but we all call him China. he's been through a lot throughout his life. he's been with us for over 6 months, and it's been the best 6 months ever. i love when he yells at me in chinese, it's the best! he always knows how to make me smile, even screaming jiejie at 3 in the morning the first night we had him. my brother is the strongest person i've ever known, being born with all his disabilities, being an orphan for 4 years of his life, being taken away from his foster family, and friends and coming to america, he's been the happiest little kid ever. i know i act like i hate him allll the time, but he really is the best thing that could have happened to me in my life. + we're SUUUUPPPPPPERRRRR excited to go and get our litttle sister sooon!(: iloveyousparkkyyyy!"
OK, I'll pause while you grab a tissue for your tears.
(Pause.)
Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've ever read? For all of her irritating teenage ways, my daughter is an absolute gift from God! What have I done to deserve these two great kids??
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I L-O-V-E the Mother's Day card from Carson! That is AWESOME!! What a great keepsake!
Meggie is absolutely gorgeous! The Glamour Shots are great (love the one in her dance jacket)! Congratulations, Meggie, for making the senior team! Woo Hoo!
Aren't we lucky to be mothers?! Sometimes I think Mother's Day is the best holiday of all (although my kids would disagree because THEY don't receive any presents)!
This truly is a wonderful day....hope you enjoy it!!
Erin
What a beautiful tribute to her brother!!
Meggie and Carson are a couple of great looking kids.
Adreanna & Addison
Post a Comment