Guitars, Games, and Other Goofiness...
Gotta confess, as life gets back to normal, we are taking fewer and fewer pictures of Carson. I really didn't expect that to happen so quickly, but honestly it is starting to feel like he has been in our family MUCH longer than the short 5 months we've all been together...we are in a groove and don't always remember the camera when we go places. I apologize to my waiting public and will do my best to improve on that!
So this post will have a few random stories that made me laugh...and I'll sprinkle in some pictures to break up the monotony.
Story #1: Dinner at the Chinese Restaurant
I figured out shortly after we got home from China that Chinese restaurants are, to Carson, what McDonald's was to us in China...a wonderful slice of heaven! He used to get so excited and after every bite would elicit this deep-throated "Yummmmmmmmmy" and smile sweetly. I could hardly eat with him 'cause he was so cute and that "Yummmmmmmmy" made me laugh!
The "Yummmmmmy" doesn't happen as much anymore, but we are trying to make efforts to have Chinese food with him once a week or so. A couple of weeks ago we went into a new neighborhood Chinese restaurant, ordered our food, and sat at a table. A young Asian guy came out to give us our napkins and silverware and his hair looked something like this:
Carson looked right up at him with the funniest look on his face and yelled, "Ewwww, your hair is sticky!!" The entire staff cracked up laughing. Daddy and I tried to keep straight faces so as not to embarrass the poor guy. What a hoot!
OK...random picture of Carson pretending to play guitar with his racetrack. (What can I say? He's gifted!)Story #2: Game Time
Carson is obviously a very smart kid...I'm not just saying that, his preschool teacher actually concurs. In the mornings when we "sa-nuggle" in his bed, he has started making up games for us to play. The problem is, he changes the rules so he always wins!
Yesterday, for example, we were playing "Ultraman versus the Hand Monster." My hand was the Hand Monster, looming over him, coming in for a great big tickle. But, no, he turns into Ultraman, and does this with his arms...
...effectively killing the Hand Monster in its tracks. OK, I get it, Ultraman always wins. Then he says, "Mommy Ultraman now." So his Hand Monster looms in, I go all Ultraman on him, and HIS HAND MONSTER GETS THROUGH AND TICKLES ME!!! Now how does that happen??? I thought Ultraman was indestructible! (Apparently only when played by cute little boys with vivid imaginations!)
He also created a game where he would hide his face (thinking I couldn't see him if he couldn't see me) and I had to "look" for him, then threaten to get out of bed. Follow this one:
CARSON: (Hiding)
MOMMY: Where's Carson? Carson??
CARSON: (Giggling)
MOMMY: OK, I'll just take Sponge Bob and go to a party...
CARSON: (Jolting head up from the pillow) No, Mommy. No party. No party. Mommy stay home. Try again.
CARSON: (Hiding)
MOMMY: Where's my Carson? Carson??
CARSON: (Still giggling)
MOMMY: OK, I'll get out of bed and do the laundry since I can't find my Carson...
CARSON: (Jolting head up from the pillow) No, Mommy. No laundry. Two minutes. No laundry, two minutes. OK? Try again.
CARSON: (Hiding)
MOMMY: (Waiting two minutes, as directed)
CARSON: (Jolting head up from the pillow) Mommy? Mommy. Carson?? (Looking around, like he's searching) Carson?? Try again.
MOMMY: I was waiting two minutes like you told me to.
CARSON: Try again.
And on and on...we were in fits of giggles by the end of this game because no matter what I did, he wasn't happy! I love "sa-nuggling" with my Little Man!! LOVE IT!!
OK...another random picture of Carson playing guitar with some sort of racquet. (Catching a theme here? I think the boy wants a real guitar!)By the way, that picture is kinda foggy 'cause I took it through the window.
Story #3: Dinner at Another Chinese Restaurant
Last night, Daddy and I took Carson to dinner at a different Chinese restaurant. My nose started running during dinner and I reached into my purse to get a tissue. Carson noticed me getting in my purse. "Mommy, whatcha doing?" I told him I was eating my dinner and he should do the same. When I pulled out the tissue, he asks, "You need a tissue?" Yes, I agreed I needed a tissue. Then he yells, "YOU GOT A BOOGA??" Uggghhhh...first of all, who taught him the word "booger"? And, secondly, why did he think that was a good question during DINNER?? Boys.
Random pictures of Carson enjoying a snack while he watches his favorite TV shows (Backyardigans and Wonder Pets) before bed......pictures obviously taken by Daddy when Mommy wasn't home, 'cause my rule is that Carson doesn't eat in the family room!!
Gotta go for now. I'll close us out with a picture of BOTH of the kids playing guitar with racquets and screaming a song for me at the top of their lungs. (This was also taken through the window as I was hiding from neighbors, trying not to claim these goofy kids.)Just kidding, I claim 'em...most of the time. 'Bye for now!!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Teresa,
I was curious why the big blue blanket was on the couch - your next sentence explains it all - Daddy was in charge! Great bonding time for the guys, though! Looks like Carson is doing so well, and keeping you all entertained at the same time!
I love that, "You got a booger?" So funny, and so boy. Max sure still loves Chinese food, but I think it is because he loves how all the Chinese ladies swoon over him, as I'm sure they do with your handsome man as well!
Chelsie and Max
Gosh, where do I begin?!! The man with the "sticky" hair was just too cute of a story!! How did you manage not to burst into laughter?!
I love that blanket on your couch! Where DID you get it?!! I want one!!
Buy that boy a guitar!!
Erin
Post a Comment