Saturday, January 12, 2008

That Boy is Smart AND Talented!

The more English that Carson learns, the more he truly amazes us with his observations and ideas! A few of his latest and greatest:

There are many times he refuses to play with his toys, preferring to just walk around the house. When I suggest playing with toys or blocks, he says, "No bwocks, no peen-up!" He would rather walk around bored than clean up after himself!


He recognizes a lot of the songs on the radio station Meggie listens to. There are even a few he knows the words to...he'll keep saying, "Wait...wait..." until the song gets to the point where he can sing along. He also LOVES the soundtrack to "Hairspray" and can sing along with almost every song!

When we're in the minivan, every time I stop at a light or stop sign, Carson tells me, "Momma, this-a way" telling me which way to turn. (Sounds cute, doesn't it? Try a 20 or 30 minute drive with this every couple of minutes...it gets a bit annoying, especially when I get yelled at if I don't go the way he wants me to go!)

When I get within a block or two of Carson's preschool, he starts recognizing the area and starts yelling "Tray-shee!" (aka Tracy, his teacher) until we pull in the parking lot. Once I park the minivan, he starts saying, "Bye-Bye, Momma!" to be sure I know he wants me to drop him off and leave.

The more comfortable he gets with Miss Mary, his occupational therapist, the more he terrorizes her at his visits! When she's trying to get him to cooperate with some skill, he'll yell at her, "No mo today!" with an angry look on his face! Poor Miss Mary...she wants to be stern and force him to behave, but she has to turn her head and hide the fact that she's hysterically laughing at him!

When Daddy gets frustrated with Carson, Daddy's favorite saying is "You're killing me!" Last night, I was trying to get Carson to put on his PJs and he wasn't being very cooperative. After much nagging, he finally sat down on the floor, shook his head, and said (under his breath and to himself), "You kimmim me, Momma." When I get frustrated with Carson, I typically will say, "Boy, please!" Instead of copying me, he turns it around and says, "Gill, peese!" (aka girl, please) right back to me! However, when I call him a silly boy, he always says, "Momma a siwwy boy."

When Carson feeds himself finger foods, he usually leans his arm against the table to bend his elbow. The other night at dinner, he did this instead......supporting one arm with the other! Don't know where he learned this, but it works a lot better than leaning against the table!

And now for the "talent" portion of this post...

Meggie dances around our house constantly and loves to practice her dance spins in the kitchen. Carson has been watching her and has his own version of spins...

OK, so Meggie's spins are a bit prettier than that, but that's fairly impressive, Little Man!

Stay tuned, folks...with a kid this smart and observant, I'm pretty sure there's more to come!!

4 comments:

epin said...

You're right. Carson is amazingly bright and observant boy! What a great kid.

Trish said...

Carson continues to amaze me, every time you post something new. You are a smart cookie yourself making the rice box and everything. I might have to steal that. Miss you guys.

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

Wow, how great him using his arm to prop up his hand, to make it easier to eat!! He is smart. He has picked up english so quick. You'll never guess, but I set up a rice box! I also got the idea from therapy! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Chelsie and Max

Redmom2005 said...

He is such a little ham!! I love all of "repeating" that he does! It makes you realize how fast he picks things up, huh?!!! Careful what you say :) Our son chose to blurt out a "no-no" in CHURCH of all places when it was completely silent!! Can you IMAGINE the embarassment?!! Carson is coming along soooooo well...I'm so happy for all of his gains!! You are truly the family he needed :)

Erin