My Final Post From China!!
The boys went to the zoo this morning...no decent pictures, though, as Carson wasn't being very cooperative with Daddy today. One funny development on the trip: Carson had to go potty and our guide, Kathy, who was nearby just stripped his pants off and had him squat right there on the sidewalk. She said it was fine for boys! Not for MY boy it's not...yikes! Kevin didn't photograph it...I totally would have had I been there.
The Consulate appointment was very anti-climactic, to put it lightly. We were all herded through passport checks and security screening to a large room full of chairs. Family by family, we went to the front and a guy checked our passport pictures, comparing them to our faces. Then we sat down. The officials (thankfully, Americans who spoke perfect English) made a few remarks then we all stood en masse and repeated the oath. That was it. We couldn't bring cameras, so no pics of the momentous event. Then we were herded back to the buses. Wow...we waited two weeks for THAT!! We did receive Carson's passport and visa, which we need for travel tomorrow...otherwise, I would have preferred to phone that appearance in!
We went to Lucy's for dinner with a couple of other families for a final goodbye, but Meggie started feeling sick and she and I had to leave. Kevin and Carson are still there, Meggie's OK but refusing to eat, so I figured I'd blog really quick and start packing...we leave at 9AM to head to the airport!
I literally have NO pictures to post today, so I thought I'd go back through the old ones and post a few that got skipped on the first go around...
Gotcha Day lunch at the Brazilian restaurant
the boy LOVES to push buttons!! (Great Christmas gift idea, Grandma!)
at least I was able to duck out of the way for the photo!


6 comments:
I have throughly enjoyed following you on your journey...thanks!! Carson is such a funny kid and Meggie...can you cloan her?? What a wonderful daughter and sister!! We traveled to Hefei 5 1/2 yrs ago and did not see a thing (it was winter). It was nice to see some of the city through your pictures. Safe travels...watch out for the jet lag, it is much worse on the return.
Carrie in WI
mom to Emily Lin ~Hefei, Anhui~a:3/18/02 & Katie ~Hubei~a:2/14/06
Teresa - You'll be in my thoughts on your big travel day! It is FINALLY time to come home!! Are you sooooooooooo ready, or what?!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I forgot to tell you that I loved Carson's Chinese outfit (Red Couch photo). VERY NICE!!!! And I love the "family picture at the entrance of the Hefei SWI"! Great picture!! Please post on Friday and let us know that you arrived safely!
Erin
YEAH! Your finally coming home with your son. Just think, a few months ago you were staring at Max wondering, WHEN OH WHEN do I get to have my son! and now your coming home!! Have a safe flight, I will pray that Carson sleeps most of the way!! We have had Max three months today, and the time sure go's by fast. Have a safe trip home, and enjoy the wonderful feeling of stepping foot in your home again (and having Carson run around in minutes, like he already owns the place.)
HUGS!
Chelsie and Max
Safe travels, Teresa!!!!
Have a safe journey home!
Did Kevin and Carson get to feed the Monkeys? That was the highlight of the zoo for us.
-Eric
Post a Comment