Some Interesting Tidbits...
I got an e-mail last night from Jim and Lynn. They are in China right now adopting a beautiful little girl and are staying at the hotel in Hefei where we will be in two weeks. (Actually, that is the hotel in the picture!) The purpose of their e-mail was to give us a few hints, etc., in preparation for our trip. The following, though, was the best part of the e-mail:
"The most surprising thing to us is that the local CCAI rep has been visiting all of our children on a very regular basis and knows things about their care. She knows you are coming and your boy by name (mentioned within 5 minutes of our arrival on the first night). Sounds like great care over there."
I have been so worried -- wondering if Carson knows we're coming, wondering if he's being prepared for the changes that are coming in his life very soon. The fact that the CCAI rep has been visiting him and knew his name is a VERY good sign that the idea of adoption has been discussed with Carson and preparations are in the making!
This morning, the local Christian radio station I listen to was having an Inventory of Gratitude day. They do this occasionally...having people call in and list things for which they are grateful, one for each letter of the alphabet. When they were looking for A-B-C, I thought, I oughta call in and say "A" for adoption. No, they got an "A" suggestion. Then I thought I could say "I" for international adoption. No, they got an "I" suggestion before I could call. As I sat on the highway, waiting in traffic, they got to M-N-O. I called and actually got through. I told the DJ my grateful letter was "N," for our new son! I gave a quick rundown of our story about leaving for China in 11 days. Typically they record the calls during songs and play the recording back later. They asked me to stay on the line because they wanted me to tell the story live on the air. Of course, my irritating cell phone lost the signal during my wait! When they came to me on the air, I was gone. The DJ said they hoped I would call back because I had a great story to share. I got to my parking space at work and tried back. When I got through, they decided to record the call so we wouldn't get cut off again. They did some nice editing and I have to say I didn't sound like a total goofball. Actually, it was cool to be able to hear myself on the radio!!
Yes, I'm a radio celebrity now and will sign autographs...for a small fee! (Hey, we have a trip to China to finance!!)
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Very cool! Also, very nice pics of Carson. Can't wait to follow your journey! Sounds like hefei SWI is doing a great job just like they did for our daughter in 1997.
Post a Comment