Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Playing With the Digital Camera...and Visiting My New Boyfriend!!

Pulled out the camera last night to figure it out before the trip. Here is the first picture I took...

Yes, folks, Meggie can be a dork sometimes!! Since we were in the minivan and Kevin felt left out (he was driving), we got him in on the game...

Doesn't he look thrilled?? But the REAL reason we were in the minivan with the camera was...we were heading to visit my new boyfriend. His name is Griffin and here is our first picture together...

Aren't we ADORABLE together?? I think so!! Actually Griffin is my friend Katie's new baby boy. You remember Katie....the Underwear Cake Lady!! Meggie and I had already met Griffin when we visited them in the hospital, but Kevin hadn't met him yet. So we took a break from our China packing and had dinner with Katie and Scott...and I got to snuggle with Griffin!!

Three things MUST go on the record:

1. Griffin screamed whenever Meggie held him and preferred ME over HER! (That never happens!) Here's a picture of Meggie with Griffin:

2. Meggie and I kidnapped Katie to go shopping. Katie will FOREVER remind me that she found a hamper for Carson's room when I couldn't find one on my own anywhere in town. (That makes no sense to anybody but, trust me, Katie will laugh out loud when she reads that!)

AND

3. Meggie gets all the credit for taking the wonderful pictures of me and Griffin, including the best of the night:

What a snuggle bear!! OK....back to reality...

Carson's orthopedic appointment got canceled today...apparently the doctor won't be in on November 23rd. Since the appointment was at 8:30 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving, I wasn't CRUSHED by that news. The best part, though, is I was able to get Carson an appointment a week earlier. So now he will see the ortho doc on Friday, November 16th!

We accomplished a few more things today for the trip...not the least of which is I figured out the camera and was able to fumble through downloading pictures!! Also we picked up our antibiotics for the trip -- in case we catch an intestinal bug (highly likely!) while we are on the other side of the world! The suitcases are in the family room and things are slowly getting organized and packed.

Only 16 more days 'til we travel...don't get jealous, Griffin, but there's about to be a new Little Man in town!!!!

No comments: