Hello Again from Beijing!
After my last post, I decided to call Lisa's cell phone (had forgotten CCAI provided us that number). During that call, Lisa informed me that she had to send Michelle to the airport to get us because she was at the Great Wall with another group of adoptive families! I yelled, "NO! WE wanted to see the Great Wall with you guys!" Her response was that we wouldn't even be meeting her until tomorrow morning, when she helps us get back to the airport for our flight to Hefei. How disappointing!!
Kevin seems OK with the news, but Meggie is pretty ticked at me right now! In fact, after telling them both that we weren't going on any tours tonight, I laid down to take a nap (Meggie was pouting and wouldn't talk to me anyway!) and just woke up a few minutes ago. Meggie was asleep next to me and Kevin was asleep in the other bed. None of us have had dinner, I never did get that shower...what a bust this trip to Beijing has been!!!
As disappointing as this is, I need to remember that this isn't a vacation, it's a labor process. It doesn't matter what we see in any city, as long as we get our Little Man Monday morning!
I'm taking a shower and going to bed...we leave at 8:30 in the morning to catch our flight to Hefei!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh, Teresa. I'm so sorry you didn't get on Great Wall tour. You should let CCAI know when you get home (you'll be asked to fill out an online survey). Although this is an adoption trip, if you were told you were going on that tour, you should have been on it - even if that means a private tour! Yes, you'll probably forget all about it after tomorrow. How exciting! I'm praying that all goes extremely smoothly for all of you.
Sara
Thats to bad, I didn't get to see it, because we decided to do Shanghai instead. But we do plan on seeing it when we take Max back in five years or so. Have a safe flight to Hefei!! Who is your guide in Hefei?
Chelsie and Max
Post a Comment